I’m feeling good about my chances at making my first NFR.
I’m back at it after a week of rest in Stephenville. We had so much rain, I had to drag the arena over and over so we could practice.
I have mixed feelings about last weekend. Me and Kolton didn’t have any luck at Springhill, Amarillo or Texarkana. That’s just how it goes sometimes. But then we split the first round at Pasadena, which earned us around twelve hundred each. I’m still holding at thirteenth. Kolton’s at twenty-first. Earlier this year, we didn’t get to rope together at San Antonio, and I won almost ten thousand there with Cory Kidd, so that kind of spread us out.
This is the last weekend of the season. We didn’t do any good at Kansas City, and we’re winning third at Omaha, but I doubt our 10.3 will win any money.
I’m an optimistic person, and Kolton is always encouraging me. We’ve been friends for a while. He stayed with me a lot in Stephenville until he got his own place. We’re real with each other and, at this point, I don’t see any chance of Kolton making it.
If I make the NFR and Kolton doesn’t, I’ll partner up with a header from another split team. I’ve talked to few guys, but everybody agreed that we’re gonna wait and see exactly what happens after this weekend and then go from there. Honestly, you never know who might have a huge weekend and surprise everybody. You can’t count your chickens before they hatch.
Tonight, we rope in Stephenville. It’s hard to say how it will go. There are so many variables in our event. We have two horses, two guys and the steer you draw, plus the chute guy and flagger.
I feel like I’m in a good spot and just need to capitalize on it.
Read more about the other CINCH JEANS and Classic Equine athletes fighting to make the NFR. Follow #theCjHASE